9. september 2010

You can serve your country...

... even by keeping guard over an oil can. Or so they say... Well, there are strange ways you can serve Kino Otok too, and in little more than 24 hours you can happen to go from rags to riches (and viceversa, I guess). On Tuesday afternoon I had found myself helping other brigadeers in setting the chairs in Manzioli square for the evening test screening; and if you have to make sure that there aren't two chairs of the same colour side-by-side, it can become an exercise whose zen value equals that of Mr. Miyagi's »wax on, wax off« (cfr. Karate Kid).


And then yesterday I found myself on the stage of Kulturni Dom to give the introductory speech alongside of Lorena! Definitely, here at Kino Otok they don't take hierarchy very seriously... Having been in front of a mic and having faced a crowded hall sometimes in the past wasn't much of a comfort, as I'm not used to such official occasions. And the anxiety was doubled by the fact that - weren't the stage spotlights enough – I was to speak in English (and if you're reading this, you know how laughable the idea is).


Anyway, somehow it all went well, and now I have just two reasons to complain:
1) for the first time in my life I've given a public speech staying completely serious from the beginning to the end (I hope at least that the image of my shattered gym shoes 50 cms away from the guests' faces could serve to save my reputation as a buffoon presenter...);
2) due to the speech's cognac-flavoured rehearsals I missed Kells' screening, and therefore at the end of the day the number of movies I had seen was still stuck at zero.


But today I'm planning to play the good moviegoer, so I promise in the next post I won't write about me, but the content will be 100% cinema.


Piervi

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar