15. september 2010

The (Cameroon Love) Letter I would love to review…

… but I cannot. I literally can’t find the words to express a judgement on Khavn’s last title. It’s beautiful, no doubt about it, but I find myself unable to tell you if it’s just beautiful, or very beautiful, or unbelievably beautiful, if you get what I mean. Actually, the experience I’ve just passed through it’s more complex than just sitting in a hall and watching a movie. Take the picture, add the live accompaniment for piano solo performed by the director himself, add the memories that the dedication brought to my mind and maybe you can get an idea of the reason why Cameroon Love Letter gets into the narrow group (I guess I can count them on 2 or 3 hands’ fingers) of movies whose vision – and, here must be said, listening – moved me to tears or almost succeeded to.

Others will be able to tell you about the technical, narrative and poetic virtues of the movie. I’m not, at least not now.

No more words, then, but – thanks Khavn and thanks life, chance or whatever for having led me to cross certain persons’ paths.

Piervi

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar